[ai-geostats] Contour Plot for Matrix of Locations

  • Afshartous, David
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      Greetings,

      I have a 1000x1000 evenly spaced grid in matrix form, where each point
      represents the estimated intensity of a point pattern.

      I'd like to create a corresonding color contour plot to show the
      variation of intensity across the given region.

      Any suggestions on freeware that would create a nice plot? I think the
      Spatial Module for S-plus has this capability, but unfortunately I don't
      have the module.

      Kind Regards,
      Dave

      David Afshartous, PhD
      University of Miami
      Department of Management Science
      School of Business
      Coral Gables, FL 33124
      phone: 305-284-8005
    • Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
        Hi,

        You should look into R and its packages .... it is the free version of
        S-PLUS. If you are used with the command window in S-PLUS
        then R should be quite easy for you. if not - there is a quite steep
        learning curve - but it worth while. Besides, R is free.

        http://cran.r-project.org/

        Good luck,

        Monica
        Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy