[ai-geostats] Compare OLS model and universal kriging

  • meiyou
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Hi there,

      Hope somebody can answer a newbie's question. Although it may be
      ill-conditioned, my question is, how can I compare the result of OLS
      model and a model by universal kriging (OLS with residuals fitted by
      variogram)? What I mean is, how can I show kriging the residuals does
      improve the model? Could the comparison be done in the sense of R^2 of
      OLS? Or the only way is to do Chi-square test based on difference of
      log likelihood?

      Thanks a lot.

      Tib