[ai-geostats] Geostats lounge

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2004
      Geostats lounge

      Dear all,
      I created a few minutes ago by means of yahoo's facilities a discussion group called AI-GEOSTATS lounge. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ai-geostats-lounge/

      AI-GEOSTATS lounge should be an informal meeting place for the subscribers of ai-geostats, that is for anyone working in the field of spatial statistics and spatial data analysis. You could use this virtual lounge to  meet colleagues, propose appointments and visits while travelling (e.g. I'm going to Singapore and Cambodia next month). It may also help when looking for data, project partners or for fundings for projects related to spatial statistics. Whatever you have in mind really that is not supposed to be sent to ai-geostats but still remains indirectly related to spatial data analysis and to the community of ai-geostats could be discussed there.

      Tolerance remains of course essential and people making sarcastic comments or even insulting other subscribers will immediately be kicked out of the list without warning and with no possibility to subscribe again.

      You can post messages to : ai-geostats-lounge@yahoogroups.com

      Hope this will make life easier and more pleasant.

      The group is at the moment not moderated.

      Best wishes,

      Gregoire (owner of ai-geostats)

      PS: I didn’t duplicate the list, people who want to join the lounge should therefore subscribe
      Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)
      JRC - European Commission
      IES - Emissions and Health Unit
      Radioactivity Environmental Monitoring group
      TP 441, Via Fermi 1
      21020 Ispra (VA)
      Tel. +39 (0)332 78 6360
      Fax. +39 (0)332 78 5466
      Email: gregoire.dubois@...
      WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org
      WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int
      "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."