[ai-geostats] Re: Kriging Small Blocks

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2004
      Nicolau

      I was talking about kriging before cutoff is applied.
      If the cutoff is applied to the block estimates my
      comments stand. If you aply the cutoff to your data
      first and then krige, you get the opposite problem,
      because you will over-estimate every value and
      under-estimate the tonnage.

      My point (1) is that, if you wish to avoid conditional
      bias in your kriging, you could consider using a
      non-linear kriging method such as those mentioned. I
      have no experience with either, since I follow a
      different route in the correction of conditional bias
      in mineral resource estimation.

      Isobel
      http://geoecosse.bizland.com/whatsnew.htm

      --- nicolau.barros@... wrote: > Isobel,

      ___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW
      > Yahoo!
      > Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express
      > yourself
      > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

    • Edward Isaaks
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2004
        Hi Isabel

        If you go to www.isaaks.com and click on "Otherstuff", you will find an
        example where the block estimates are conditionally biased (rather
        severely), but the grade tonnage curves are right on the money. Perhaps this
        will help clear the confusion. Ed