[ai-geostats] sand channel modeling

  • Shazly, Salah DSC92
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19 3:03 AM

      Hi All,

      I am at the beginning of modelling fluvial sand channels using subsurface well data (logs &cores). I would appreciate if you could send me some tips on the optimum way to do this using object modelling and indicator techniques. Are there any published work dealing with the geometrical parameters (e.g. thickness, width, length, amplitude etc.). Is there some cross plots relating channels body thickness measured from the well data to width?

      Salah el-Shazly (DSC/92)

      Geologist Consultant, PDO Study Centre

      Petroleum Development Oman- POBox: 81, PC 113

      Tel: (968) 674135; FAX: (968) 691470; Mobile: (968) 9898527

    • Oriol Falivene
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19 3:52 AM
        Object-based models where first applied to fluvial channels, becouse the "simplicity" of their geometries, there is a lot of papers published regarding this subject:

        Journel, A. G., R. Gundeso, E. Gringarten, and T. Yao. 1998. Stochastic modelling of a fluvial reservoir: a comparative review of algorithms. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 21.

        Deutsch, C. V., and T. T. Tran. 2002. FLUVISIM: a program for object-based stochastic modeling of fluvial depostional systems. Computers and Geosciences 28:525-535.

        Holden, L., R. Hauge, O. Skare, and A. Skorstad. 1998. Modeling of fluvial reservoirs with object models. Mathematical Geology 30:473-496.

        Wich soft do you use?

        Regards

        Oriol

        "Shazly, Salah DSC92" wrote:

        Hi All,

        I am at the beginning of modelling fluvial sand channels using subsurface well data (logs &cores). I would appreciate if you could send me some tips on the optimum way to do this using object modelling and indicator techniques. Are there any published work dealing with the geometrical parameters (e.g. thickness, width, length, amplitude etc.). Is there some cross plots relating channels body thickness measured from the well data to width?

        Salah el-Shazly (DSC/92)

        Geologist Consultant, PDO Study Centre

        Petroleum Development Oman- POBox: 81, PC 113

        Tel: (968) 674135; FAX: (968) 691470; Mobile: (968) 9898527

        Oriol Falivene
        ofaliven@...
        http://www.ub.es/ggac

        tel. (+34) 93 4021373