[ai-geostats] gslib cokb3d -maximum search radii: all secondary ignored

  • bob sandefur
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004

      In COKB3D in GSLIB there is a line specifying the max search radii for the secondary variable(s) in cokriging. In both the Stanford and www;gslib.com sources this line appears to be ignored.  I confirmed this by both reading the source code and rerunning the example program with the maximum secondary search radii set to 0.001.  Since I normally use cokriging to estimate to variables whose ratio should be <=1 (e.g. AuCN and AuFA) I never even thought of using different search radii for the primary and secondary variables, I am modifying COKB3D to crossvalidation and it is often useful to have exclusion radii in cross validation I was going to change the secondary search radii to a minimum search radii for all variables.  I have two questions:

      1. Does anyone believe it is useful to have different max and search radii for the primary and secondary variables?
      2. Does anyone think that the secondary search radii in COKB3D are actually used in the program?

      Robert (Bob) L. Sandefur PE

      Senior Geostatistician / Reserve Analyst

      CAM

      200 Union Suite G-13

      Lakewood, Co

      80228