Re: [ai-geostats] thiessen polygons

  • Roger Bivand
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
      On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Nick Hamm wrote:

      > Hi folks
      >
      > Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
      > polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

      Packages tripack and deldir on CRAN

      --
      Roger Bivand
      e-mail: Roger.Bivand@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
        Nick,
        I had once asked the ArcView folks about this, and their response is
        below,
        cheers,
        dave

        It sounds like you are trying to create Thiessen polygons. If you have an ArcInfo licence of ArcGIS, ArcToolbox has a Create Thiessen Polygons tool under Analysis Tools > Proximity. The tool uses coverages. If you do not, the following sample will create them for you.
        Create Thiessen Polygons 3.0: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=11958.

        Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
        polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

        Nick
      • Koen Hufkens
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
          Tada,