[ai-geostats] thiessen polygons

  • Nick Hamm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
      Hi folks

      Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
      polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

      Nick
    • Roger Bivand
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
        On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Nick Hamm wrote:

        > Hi folks
        >
        > Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
        > polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

        Packages tripack and deldir on CRAN

        --
        Roger Bivand
        e-mail: Roger.Bivand@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
          Nick,
          I had once asked the ArcView folks about this, and their response is
          below,
          cheers,
          dave

          It sounds like you are trying to create Thiessen polygons. If you have an ArcInfo licence of ArcGIS, ArcToolbox has a Create Thiessen Polygons tool under Analysis Tools > Proximity. The tool uses coverages. If you do not, the following sample will create them for you.
          Create Thiessen Polygons 3.0: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=11958.

          Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
          polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

          Nick
        • Koen Hufkens
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
            Tada,