Re: [ai-geostats] GSLIB - Attributing elevation values to unknown points

  • Adrian Martínez Vargas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2004
      I’m agree with Monica, but if you need a sophisticated analysis or
      estimation is preferable to use GSLIB, or ISATIS or a lest geostatisticaly
      sophisticated software as Surfer 8. If you will use GSLIB I suggest to you
      to create an x,y,z data with the grid that have already Z information (Use
      Add coordinates GSLIB program), create a grid with the same geometry as the
      Grid with none information (no z information). After that, you will have at
      hand all potentiality of GSLIB (and a little more if you use ISATIS) .
      Regards

      Adrian Martínez Vargas
      Instituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico de Moa
      Departamento de Geología
      Las Coloradas s/n
      Moa, Holguín, Cuba
      CP: 83329
      amvargas@...
      adriangeologo@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
        Hi folks

        Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
        polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

        Nick
      • Roger Bivand
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
          On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Nick Hamm wrote:

          > Hi folks
          >
          > Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
          > polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

          Packages tripack and deldir on CRAN

          --
          Roger Bivand
          e-mail: Roger.Bivand@...
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
            Nick,
            I had once asked the ArcView folks about this, and their response is
            below,
            cheers,
            dave

            It sounds like you are trying to create Thiessen polygons. If you have an ArcInfo licence of ArcGIS, ArcToolbox has a Create Thiessen Polygons tool under Analysis Tools > Proximity. The tool uses coverages. If you do not, the following sample will create them for you.
            Create Thiessen Polygons 3.0: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=11958.

            Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
            polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

            Nick
          • Koen Hufkens
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
              Tada,