Re: [ai-geostats] GSLIB - Attributing elevation values to unknown points

  • Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 22, 2004
      Hi,

      I know how to do that in ArcView or ArcGIS if you have the Spatial
      Analyst extension. You can load directly (if i remember correctly)
      the DEM file and you can add with Event Theme your points. There
      are several (free) scripts at the www.esri.com which will add the
      altitude values read from the DEM (or a grid file) to the point theme.

      I hope this helps a little,

      Monica
    • Adrian Martínez Vargas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2004
        I’m agree with Monica, but if you need a sophisticated analysis or
        estimation is preferable to use GSLIB, or ISATIS or a lest geostatisticaly
        sophisticated software as Surfer 8. If you will use GSLIB I suggest to you
        to create an x,y,z data with the grid that have already Z information (Use
        Add coordinates GSLIB program), create a grid with the same geometry as the
        Grid with none information (no z information). After that, you will have at
        hand all potentiality of GSLIB (and a little more if you use ISATIS) .
        Regards

        Adrian Martínez Vargas
        Instituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico de Moa
        Departamento de Geología
        Las Coloradas s/n
        Moa, Holguín, Cuba
        CP: 83329
        amvargas@...
        adriangeologo@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
          Hi folks

          Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
          polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

          Nick
        • Roger Bivand
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
            On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Nick Hamm wrote:

            > Hi folks
            >
            > Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
            > polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

            Packages tripack and deldir on CRAN

            --
            Roger Bivand
            e-mail: Roger.Bivand@...
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
              Nick,
              I had once asked the ArcView folks about this, and their response is
              below,
              cheers,
              dave

              It sounds like you are trying to create Thiessen polygons. If you have an ArcInfo licence of ArcGIS, ArcToolbox has a Create Thiessen Polygons tool under Analysis Tools > Proximity. The tool uses coverages. If you do not, the following sample will create them for you.
              Create Thiessen Polygons 3.0: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=11958.

              Does anybody know of any packages available for computing Thiessen
              polygons or Delaunay Triangulation in R?

              Nick
            • Koen Hufkens
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
                Tada,