Re: [ai-geostats] questions about ArcView 3.X

  • Adrian Martínez Vargas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18 10:20 AM

      I have get the solution exporting the Surfer grid to ASCII x, y, z file. I have eliminate de blanked nodes, and I have:

      a)      add as table in arcview

      b)      add as even theme

      c)      with spatial analysis extension active I have convert to a grid.

      Notes the surfer grid need to have the same dimension in X and Y, and larges decimal places are not recognised for arcview, these cause problems, some nodes can be loosed in the transformation.

      Note that it is valid for others software useful for grid estimation and processing as GSLIB and ISATIS.

      Regards Adrian

      From: Adrian Martínez Vargas [mailto:amvargas@...]
      Sent
      : dinsdag 8 juni 2004 9:06
      To: ai-geostats@...
      Subject: [ai-geostats] questions about ArcView 3.X

      Hello list

      I have 3 questions about ArcView 3.X

      a)      How to limit no null data of a grid inside a poligon shape.

      b)      How to limit triangles with a poligon

      How to convert a  Surfer (from golden software) to an arcview 3.x. ASCII grid format.

      regards

      Adrian

      ---

      Signoff ai-geostats
      Hi,
      as stated by Monica, you can do this:
      "Other way to do it is to convert the grid into a shape file (usually
      you loose some detail like that), after you can load the
      geoprocessing Wizard from the Extension option (it is in menu File
      i think ....) and do a clip of a shape file after an other shape file ..... "

      or

      you could transform your vector data into a grid.
      Then, from spatial analyst "ANALYSIS" menu you must check for properties and then make this grid as "mask".
      Then you must use Analysis: Map calculator. Choose the grid data that you want to clip and click evaluate.
      I hope this helps.
      Duccio

      Dr. Duccio Rocchini
      Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali "G. Sarfatti"
      Università degli Studi di Siena
      via P.A. Mattioli 4
      53100 Siena
      Tel. +39-0577235408