[ai-geostats] problem regarding variogram

  • snehamoy chatterjee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2004
      hi
      i am facing problem  to draw variogram for the limestone deposit. i have very positively skewed data set. earlier i had send  one mail regarding this issue. and got suggession form Isobel Clarck ( she has told to deduct the every value from a large constant value and go for log of the result and draw variogram). this suggesion helps me to draw smooth variogram but it has large variance ( approx 140). in practical purpose we cant accept that variance. again i have tried with geological classification of these data set. i can able to handle the variance with this data set but new problem has arise. for every geology we have only 30 to 40 ata set in three dimentional space. and still the variogram is not showing the smooth result though its variance is very less (5-6). so i can do next for getting the good variogram and good estimation of the deposit.

      thanx for help in advance.
      snehamoy chatterjee
      research scholar
      IIT Kharagpur