AI-GEOSTATS: Variograms or Kriging for Digital Elevation Models Analysis and regularization

  • Rainer Mueller
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2001
      Hello Community,
      I'm looking for somebody who already used geostatistical methods such as
      Semivariograms or Kriging concerning DEM-Generation.
      I'm looking for a quality statistical assesment on my DEM accuracy and a
      efficient way of rasterizing the data points not only with a weightd
      distance fuction.

      I have an irregular spaced point cloud in object space (some areas which
      dense, some with sparse point distribution from image matching) which I then
      regularize to a certain rastersize.
      This generated DEM is then differenced with a reference DEM. Up to now I
      just use the mean and the standard deviation to get an information on the
      accuracy, but there must be more sophisticated methods to perform a quality
      check and to make a good description on the accuracy or information content
      level.

      Any help (especially algorithms to use) is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks in advance,
      Rainer Mueller
      --
      Dipl.-Ing. Rainer Mueller