AI-GEOSTATS: Space-time data variography

  • Ingrida K
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2004
      Dear List,

      I have collection of such data: number of stations, date (for 4 seasons),
      depth, temperature, salinity.

      STAT DATE DEPTH TEMP SAL
      39 02.12.94 1 1.5 7.354
      39 02.12.94 5 1.489 7.352
      43 02.13.94 1 2.675 7.393
      43 02.13.94 5 2.675 7.393
      46A 02.13.94 60 2.766 7.507
      46A 02.13.94 66 3.161 7.561
      37 05.13.94 20 4.23 7.314
      37 05.13.94 30 3.3 7.351
      43 05.13.94 5 5.27 7.349
      43 05.13.94 10 5.27 7.356
      46A 05.13.94 1 5.92 7.317
      46A 05.13.94 5 5.91 7.325
      2C 06.11.95 5 14.64 6.809
      2C 06.11.95 8 12.27 6.954
      2 06.11.95 1 16.73 6.116
      2 06.11.95 5 15.69 6.5....
      You can see, that data various in year, month, day and station.

      In first step of research i will rewrite number of stations in x and y
      coordinate of these stations.

      I wish make variogram for this space-time data, but i dont know how.

      I must calculate variogram for difference lag of space and variogram for
      difference lag of time (seasons, month?).

      Last time i worked with gstat program of R system. Maybe all calculation
      for space-time data i can do in this program?

      Thank you very much for your help

      Ingrida