AI-GEOSTATS: references for spatial weighting matrix based on distance

  • Stephane DRAY
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 2:40 PM
      Hello list,

      I have read a thesis where the author consider the matrix W=1-Dij/max(Dij)
      (Dij is the distance between site i and j) as a spatial weight matrix for
      spatial analysis purposes (e.g. Moran's I).
      I am looking for other references dealing with spatial weighting matrix
      based on distance.
      Functions such as 1/dij, 1-dij^2/max(dij^2).... can also be considered.
      I am looking for applications using these kind of matrices or papers which
      provide some comparisons between these different options.

      Thanks in advance,
      Sincerely.
      Stéphane DRAY

      Département des Sciences Biologiques
      Université de Montréal, C.P. 6128, succursale centre-ville
      Montréal, Québec H3C 3J7, Canada

      Tel : 514 343 6111 poste 1233
      E-mail : stephane.dray@...

      Web http://www.steph280.freesurf.fr/