AI-GEOSTATS: IGF Formula

  • Lampros Vasiliades
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2004
      Could anyone give me the exact formula of the objective function IGF for
      variogram modelling when using the software VARIOWIN??

      Thanking you in advance
      Lampros Vasiliades
      Dept. Management of Environment & Natural Resources
      University of Thessaly, Greece

    • Gregoire Dubois
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2004
        I have put the formula on the web

        http://www.ai-geostats.org/igf.jpg

        Gregoire

        Could anyone give me the exact formula of the objective function IGF for

        variogram modelling when using the software VARIOWIN??

        Thanking you in advance
        Lampros Vasiliades
        Dept. Management of Environment & Natural Resources
        University of Thessaly, Greece

        * As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary

      • Gregoire Dubois
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2004
          Just an additional comment concerning my previous reply on the
          Variowin's IGF : the snapshot is taken from the online help (available
          only in an early version of Variowin, 2.1 that was distributed with his
          PhD. I had the chance to have the same supervisor as Yvan Pannatier).

          A few clarifications might be needed (taken from his book):

          - Variogram "measures" should be understood as "variograms"
          - the mean distance h(i) is the mean pair distance for lag i
          - sigma square: (co)variance of the data for the (cross)variogram and
          the non ergodic (cross)covariance, the
          maximum absolute experimental value of all measures for the
          (cross)madogram, the correlation coefficient for the (cross)correlogram
          and the (cross) standardized variogram.

          Gregoire