RE: AI-GEOSTATS: Linear/Power Models + GEOEAS

  • WARR Benjamin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2001
      Hi Mark,

      i think that the book is using one way of 'cheating'. What they are doing is
      using a spherical model to approximate a linear model. You are looking for a
      constant ratio between the sill and the range which gives you a certain
      slope. You then set the range and the sill to values so that to all intents
      and purposes the variogram is linear within the moving neighbourhood,

      regards

      Ben