AI-GEOSTATS: Cross-correlation 2D

  • Joseph Le Cuziat
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      Hi all.

      I'm looking for the best way to put into evidence spatial structure
      correlation between two maps.

      I've computed local density maps from two different point pattern (herd
      and bird distribution over a study area) using kernel smoother, and I
      want now to compare these local density to see if there is some evidence
      for correlation in their spatial structure.

      Cross-correlation seems to do such a job, and I found it's often use to
      compare time series.
      But I was not able to find software or package that can do the job in 2D
      (I usually use R), since I'm working in space and not time...

      1/ Do you think Cross-correlation is a good way to compare such density
      maps ?

      2/ Does anyone knows what software (or R package) can do the job ?

      Many thanks in advance.

      Sincerely.
      Joseph.

      --
      Joseph Le Cuziat <jlecuziat@...>
      IMEP - Institut Mediterraneen d'ecologie et de Paleoecologie