AI-GEOSTATS: Archaeological GIS Record-Keeping Survey - The InterPARES Project

  • rppreston@shaw.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 4:18 PM
      Hello,

      I would like to invite all archaeologists with past or present first-hand experience in
      archaeologically-related Geographical Information System (GIS) projects to
      participate in an online survey of electronic record-keeping practices of
      archaeologists. The goal of this survey is to obtain some objective data on
      archaeologistsÂ’ use of digital technology. The survey is part of a case study
      regarding archaeological GIS electronic records, conducted under the auspices of
      InterPARES 2.

      InterPARES 2 is an international research project investigating issues surrounding
      the reliability, permanence, and long-term accessibility of electronic records. By
      participating in the research, you can help the effort to investigate possible methods
      and applications regarding the problematic issue of preserving records in electronic
      form. You are invited to visit the InterPARES 2 website at
      <www.interpares.org/ip2/ip2_index.cfm> for more detailed information about the
      InterPARES 2 project.

      Participation involves an anonymized, online survey composed primarily of multiple
      choice questions. The entire survey is designed to be completed in approximately
      30 minutes.

      To start the survey, go to <www.interpares.org/cs14/login.cfm>, and using the
      login: 'gis' and the password: 'survey' (no quotes), log into the survey site. All
      rpreston@....

      If you are aware of other GIS archaeologists that you believe would be interested in
      participating, we would appreciate your assistance in drawing their attention to this
      survey.

      Principal Investigator: Dr. Luciana Duranti, Professor, University of British
      Columbia, School of Library, Archival and Information Studies, email:
      luciana.duranti@....

      Co-Investigator: Richard Pearce-Moses, Director of Digital Government Information,
      Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records, email: pearce-moses@....

      Thank you for your time.

      Randy Preston
      Research Assistant
      InterPARES 2 Project
      School of Library, Archival & Information Studies
      Suite 301 - 6190 Agronomy Road
      The University of British Columbia
      Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z3
      Canada