AI-GEOSTATS: ines - radius-neighbourhood

  • Ines
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18 1:14 AM
      dear member list

      I must define the radius and the neighbourhood to interpolate elevation points.

      I defined these two parameter using the follow two steps:

      a.. I have defined the best neighbourhood in the area characterized by the highest concentration of elevation points, I have used all elevation points which have their centre within a radius of 5 , 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 m generating in this manner 6 models. I can observer that using a radius grater than 30m, the models have the same RMS, so I decided to use the number of points contained within this radius like neighbourhood .
      b.. to define the radius I use the area with the low elevation point concetration, I search the radius which allow me to have the same number of points used in the zone with the highest elevation points concentration, so I defined a radius of 150 m.
      c.. I also decide to use like neighbourhood not only a number of points that fall within my radius but also a minimum number of points outside this distance.
      is correct my method?

      if the maximum distance between two points is about 300 m and the minimum is 5 m exixt a standardized method to define these two parameters?