RE: AI-GEOSTATS: comparisons between variograms

  • Rajive Ganguli, Ph.D., P.E., C.O.I
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2004
      Jose,

      When you say two realisations were compared, did you mean _multiple_
      realisations of one pattern were compared with the multiple realisations of
      another?

      just comparing anything (variogram or anything else) for one realisation
      each is not enough. (you probably compared multiple realisations - i just
      wanted to be sure).

      It would appear that if you did indeeed compare variograms of multiple
      realisations for the two, it should be adequate. If it isn't, I am sure
      Isobel will tell you that in this newsgroup very soon :-)

      Rajive Ganguli, Ph.D., P.E., C.O.I
      Associate Professor of Mining Engineering
      University of Alaska Fairbanks
      Office: 317 Duckering Building
      Mailing Add: Box 755800, Fairbanks, AK 99775
      ph: 907-474-7631, fax: 907-474-6635
      web: http://www.faculty.uaf.edu/ffrg/
      "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather
      than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)