- A few mails with the word SPAM in the subject seem to have been lost for
archiving due to spam filtering... please check the subjects of your mails
My 2 cents words about microgeostatistics. The scale at which geostatistics is
applied to should not affect the method at all. It is used in astronomy as
well as in microbiology. You will find plenty of recent peer-reviewd material
available on line at www.scirus.com
Using the keywords geostatistics and microbial, I got 73 results from which a
few can be downloaded (if published after 2001 or 2002, depending on the
journal). Here are a few recent publications that may help:
Rima B. Franklin and Aaron L. Mills, Multi-scale variation in spatial
heterogeneity for microbial community structure in an eastern Virginia
agricultural field, FEMS Microbiology Ecology, Volume 44, Issue 3, 1 June
2003, Pages 335-346.
Rima B. Franklin, Linda K. Blum, Alison C. McComb and Aaron L. Mills, A
geostatistical analysis of small-scale spatial variability in bacterial
abundance and community structure in salt marsh creek bank sediments, FEMS
Microbiology Ecology, Volume 42, Issue 1, October 2002, Pages 71-80.
Naoise Nunan, Kejian Wu, Iain M. Young, John W. Crawford and Karl Ritz,
Spatial distribution of bacterial communities and their relationships with the
micro-architecture of soil, FEMS Microbiology Ecology, Volume 44, Issue 2, 15
May 2003, Pages 203-215.
Douglas P. Collins, Barry J. Jacobsen and Bruce Maxwell, Spatial and temporal
population dynamics of a phyllosphere colonizing Bacillus subtilis biological
control agent of sugar beet cercospora leaf spot, Biological Control, Volume
26, Issue 3, March 2003, Pages 224-232.
Peter Saetre and Erland Bååth, Spatial variation and patterns of soil
microbial community structure in a mixed spruce-birch stand, Soil Biology and
Biochemistry, Volume 32, Issue 7, 1 July 2000, Pages 909-917.
There are other I didn't paste here.
Hope this helps a bit,
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org