AI-GEOSTATS: Re: average semi-variogram
> I think it's called a "block to block" variogramIt is called the "within block variance". Block to
> average, not sure.
block variance is the variance between block averages
- i.e. from block to block.
> As I explained, I'm looking for an easy way toIf you have a standard semi-variogram model such as
> estimate the gamma(V,V) value.
the spherical or exponential, the mathematical
formulae for two dimensional blocks are published in
various issues of Computers and Geosciences. Point
approximations are only necessary if you have a
non-readitional model or rotational geometric
> I used matlab to code for the distances betweenMost software packages use the symmetry of the block
> pairs but, it takes so much time compared to .....
so that only about one-quarter of the calculation need
to be carried out.
You can get the within block variance from our kriging
game for all the models we cover. It is written onto
the screen and the ghost file as you work. Just select
the option to estimate a rectangular block.
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping"
your friends today! Download Messenger Now
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org