AI-GEOSTATS: Moran's I and fixing the boundary
- I want to calculate Moran's I for a grid-based fire severity data set.
Within the burned, contiguous area, we have 1 = low severity to 4 =
high severity. The objective is to assess the distance within which
neighbor cells affect a grid cell.
Now, the problem with the unburned area outside the burned area arises.
If I arbitrarily fix an outer boundary and include the grid cells with
unburned area and code them as 0, the area consists of about 25% burned
and 75% unburned area. However, the calculated Moran's I increases
strongly compared to when the unburned area is excluded from the
How would you proceed in such a case, including or excluding the
Thanks for your opinions.
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org