Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Re: polygon kriging
This is very true that if you grid a grid of points
inside a polygonal area then average them, you get
exactly the same answer as if you kriged the polygon
The differences are two:
(1) you have to do at least 64 krigings to get within
1% of the correct average answer (see my paper at the
first Geostat Congress in 1975)
(2) if you do one kriging for the polygon average, you
get the kriging variance for the polygon average. You
can derive this from the discretised point kriging
variances but you have to do even more work (64
squared) than in (1).
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping"
your friends today! Download Messenger Now
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org