RE: AI-GEOSTATS: Neural Networks in GIS/RS

  • Rajive Ganguli, Ph.D., P.E., C.O.I
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
      Craig,

      I have done some work with neural networks in the spatial arena. Here is a
      link to one of my papers that was recently accepted by CIM Bulletin (Journal
      of Exploration Geology).

      http://www.faculty.uaf.edu/ffrg/papers/nomepap_modi_revise.zip

      The other papers (not in spatial stat) that I did which you might find
      useful (and where some of the concepts I talk about are first presented):

      http://www.faculty.uaf.edu/ffrg/papers/Paper_SME_2003.pdf
      http://www.faculty.uaf.edu/ffrg/papers/Paper_CAMI2003.pdf

      As regards software, I have used Neuroshell2 (www.wardsystems.com) and found
      it easy to use. I also write my own code if necessary.

      Rajive Ganguli, Ph.D., P.E., C.O.I
      Associate Professor of Mining Engineering
      University of Alaska Fairbanks
      Office: 317 Duckering Building
      Mailing Add: Box 755800, Fairbanks, AK 99775
      ph: 907-474-7631, fax: 907-474-6635
      web: http://www.faculty.uaf.edu/ffrg/
      "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather
      than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)