AI-GEOSTATS: Interpolating Air Pollution

  • Wes Highfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
      List Members:

      Can anyone provide any insight or citations dealing with interpolating ozone
      (or air pollutants in general) from monitoring station data? Most of the
      citations that I have found will state "we used this method" but are not
      very detailed, especially in reference to infrequent data points and exact
      methods. I realize that dispersion is an important aspect to modeling such
      phenomena, but it seems (to me anyway) that if one is looking at monthly
      mean 8hr peaks for example, this is less of an issue...maybe just providing
      a "snap shot" if you will.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks in advance,

      Wes Highfield

    • Bob Harrington
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
        Here's a reference that might be useful for methodological background
        and ideas:

        De Cesare, Myers, and Posa, FORTRAN programs for space-time modeling,
        Computers & Geosciences, 28, 205-212, 2002

        Their example involves space-time interpolation of air quality data.

        Bob Harrington
        Inyo County Water Department
        Bishop, California