AI-GEOSTATS: working with gslib90

  • snehamoy chatterjee
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2003
      hi!
      i want to work with gslib90. i have downloaded the
      software. it has 13 exe files. when i want to work
      with any one of those files it wants parameter files.
      and when i am giving the name of the parameter file
      the window is disappeared. what is the problem with
      me? i have not able to proceed furthar.
      please suggest
      snehamoy

      =====
      snehamoy chatterjee
      dept. of mining engg.
      iit kharagpur
      midnapur-721302

      Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
      Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2003
        Hello,

        In order to see error messages when running Gslib programs,
        you should open a command prompt window and run the program
        from there (just select the icon of the program and drag it to the
        prompt window... this window won't close once the program has run).
        Note that if Gslib program does not find a parameter file in
        the directory where you are running the program, it will automatically
        create a default one that you should modify before running
        the program again.

        Happy holidays!

        Pierre

        Dr. Pierre Goovaerts
        President of PGeostat, LLC
        Chief Scientist with Biomedware Inc.
        710 Ridgemont Lane
        Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48103-1535, U.S.A.

        E-mail: goovaert@...
        Phone: (734) 668-9900
        Fax: (734) 668-7788

        On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, [iso-8859-1] snehamoy chatterjee wrote:

        > hi!
        > i want to work with gslib90. i have downloaded the
        > software. it has 13 exe files. when i want to work
        > with any one of those files it wants parameter files.
        > and when i am giving the name of the parameter file
        > the window is disappeared. what is the problem with
        > me? i have not able to proceed furthar.
        > please suggest
        > snehamoy
        >
        > =====
        > snehamoy chatterjee
        > dept. of mining engg.
        > iit kharagpur
        > midnapur-721302

        > Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
        > Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

      • Adrian Martinez Vargas
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2003
          If are you windows user

          a) Open a DOS windows (symbol of the system, or type command) (Shell
          windows)

          b) Inter in the gslib directory (ex. cd C:\GSLIB\)

          c) Type the name and parameters (ex. gamv c:\gslib\paramet\gamv.par)

          a. If you use 3th parameter the output will occur in the ascii file.
          (ej gamv c:\gslib\paramet\gamv.par c:\gslib\paramet\tmp.out)

          d) If you are familiarized with some programming language you can do
          automatic that. Ex. In Visual Basic 6 Type: shell
          "c:\gslib\paramet\gamv.par c:\gslib\paramet\tmp.out"

          e) Exist program that use these technique ex. WinGSLIB (free demo in
          internet)

          f) I recommend you before t work with GSLIB to get GSLIB user manual
          By Deutsh and Journel

          Kind regards

          And have a happy new year