AI-GEOSTATS: AI_GEOSTATS: Moran'I

  • cuartas oquendo carlos humberto
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2003
      Hello
      I have two questions:

      The first one is.
      If I have the followings results( software R):

      Moran's I test under randomisation

      data: Gbull using rank correction
      weights: vecinos.listaw

      Moran I statistic standard deviate = 2.7854, p-value = 0.002673
      alternative hypothesis: greater
      sample estimates:
      Moran I statistic Expectation Variance
      0.232615669 -0.033333333 0.009116604

      Can I conclude that there are positive autocorrelation?
      How can write the hypothesis?

      The second question is:

      What´s the difference between local indice of spatial autocorrelation and global autocorrelation?

      Thank you very much for your help

      Carlos

    • Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2003
        Hi,

        A Moran global I of about 0.23 is a positive autocorrelation, but not
        a very good one. A very good positive autocorrelation is a Moran
        global I close to 0.5 - for example.

        To see the difference and the different interpretations of local and
        global Moran look after Luc Anselin 1995 article about LISA: Local
        Indices for Spatial Association.

        Monica