AI-GEOSTATS: Job -- Assitant Professor of Georaphy, specializing in spatial stats etc.

  • Frank Hardisty
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2003
      Hello All,

      Please forward this notice to potential candidates.

      SOUTH CAROLINA, COLUMBIA 29208. University of South Carolina. The
      Department of Geography invites applications for a tenure track position
      in GIScience/Geocomputation at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin
      August 15, 2004 or January 1, 2005. PhD in geography or closely allied
      discipline required at the time of appointment. The Department seeks a
      colleague with research interests, expertise, and application in some
      combination of the following: spatial statistics, spatial data modeling
      and geocomputation, spatial data mining, spatial database design and
      management and spatial decision support systems. Successful candidates
      will join a 19-member department that offers bachelors, masters, and PhD
      programs in integrative geography. The screening process will begin on
      January 31, 2004. The search process will continue until the position
      is filled. To apply, send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and
      the names and addresses (including e-mail addresses) of three referees
      to the address below. E-mail applications accepted. Apply: John R.
      Jensen, Search Committee Chair, Department of Geography. E-mail
      jrjensen@...;Voice 803-777-5234; fax 803-777-4972. For additional
      information, visit our departmental web site at www.cla.sc.edu/geog.
      The University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
      Action Employer.

      regards,
      -Frank Hardisty
      email: hardisty at sc.edu

    • Elias Symeonakis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
        A very happy New Year to all of you!

        I have a grid of points with soil erosion susceptibility values (1=very
        susceptible to 5= not susceptible). I want to check if these values are
        related to their distance from a certain point which is outside of the
        area (I believe they are). Is it possible to check that using the
        Geostatistical Analysis module of ArcGIS or even ArcInfo GRID?

        Thanks a lot
        Elias

        --
        NO A LA GUERRA