Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Detecting spatial autocorrelation in highly nonnormaldata]

  • Edzer J. Pebesma
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2003
      Ruben Roa Ureta wrote:

      >Yes, that is a nice comment. However, you cannot shake natural population
      >to destroy the mechanisms that determine their functioning and make them
      >random. I gotta go now, or else I miss the soccer game!
      >
      >R.

      You can shake the (imaginary) bottle with all sample locations, from
      which you
      are going to randomly pick the ones for your sample. This makes the samples
      perfectly independent (although not in the geostatistical, model-based
      sense).

      See also:
      Model-free estimation from Spatial Samples: a reappraisal of classical
      sampling
      theory; J. de Gruijter and C. ter Braak, Math.Geol. 22(4), 407-415,
      and follow-up articles by D. Brus et al. in Math.Geol. or Environmetrics.
      --
      Edzer