Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Moran scatterplot

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2003
      Monica

      The simplest solution to your problem is to use
      probability paper. If you do not have easy access to
      this, you can download a free graph paper plotter from
      http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar

      There are also simple algorithms to produce your own.

      Two populations show up on a probability plot as a
      line with a definite 'kink' in it. Skewed
      distributions should be plotted on a logarithmic
      scale.

      Explanations can be found in my paper ROKE paper (C&G
      1977) which is computer oriented or in my IMGC paper
      (1993). Both downloadable from
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume/Publications.html

      http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams