AI-GEOSTATS: Re: co-kriging on data with spatial trends

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2003
      Sigrun

      Calculating of cross semi-variograms has to be done on
      residuals if there is a trend, just like any single
      variable semi-variogram. You might find our MUCK
      papers useful, as we were co-kriging two variables
      both with trend back when we first started in the
      1980s. You can find our papers at
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume/Publications.html
      (note the capital P).

      Your other question about search radii. When trend is
      present, you need to enlarge your search radius past
      the range of influence to get enough samples to
      condition the equations properly - that is, to solve
      for the trend as well as the weights. You can see how
      this works with uor kriging game, free to all at
      http://geoecosse.bizland.com/softwares

      Hope this helps
      Isobel [Clark]

      http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams