Re: Rif: AI-GEOSTATS: Interpolating velocity-vector

  • Gisbert Schraud
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      Hi Paolo,
      Hi Listmembers,

      my originale question was:

      >I'm dealing with hydraulic models. In our hydraulic model we have some
      >orthogonal-profile-lines along a river. As a result of the model we get
      >velocity-points at every profile-line.

      >Now I'm looking for a possibilty to interpolate the velocity-vetors of
      >the profile-line to a raster in the whole model-area. Is there anyone
      >whol can give me a tip about examples or literature?

      I've recieved two answers to the problem. Many thanks to Dan Comford and Ben Fang

      Gisbert

      '-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Dan Comford wrote:

      we have done similar things for wind vectors (with similar
      constraints you might like to use - i.e. largely non-divergent flow.
      There are some technical reports on how to set up the Gaussian process
      prior online from the publicaitons link at my web page.

      cheers

      Dan

      Dr Dan Cornford d.cornford@...
      Computer Science
      Aston University
      Aston Triangle tel +44 121 359 3611 ext 4667
      Birmingham B4 7ET fax +44 121 333 6215

      http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk/~cornfosd/

      '-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Ben Fang wrote:

      Check our site at: http://www.fanginc.com/main.htm for a novel interpolation
      scheme.

      We provide services to solve interpolation problems.

      Dr. Ben Fang
      FANG, INC.

      '-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      paolo.ruffo@... wrote:

      > Dear Gisbert Schraud,
      > as we are facing the same problem, have you received any answer to your
      > requst ?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Paolo Ruffo
      >

      > Gisbert Schraud
      > <Gisbert.Schraud@ Per: ai-geostats@...
      > isb-ag.de> Cc:
      > Inviato da: Oggetto: AI-GEOSTATS: Interpolating velocity-vector
      > ai-geostats-list@
      > unil.ch
      >

      > 21/10/2003 14.53
      > Per favore,
      > rispondere a
      > Gisbert Schraud
      >

      > Thank'S in advance
      >
      > best regards
      >
      > Gisbert Schraud

      > any useful responses to your questions.

      Gisbert Schraud
      - Consultant -

      ISB AG Tel +49 (0)721/82800-0
      Karlstrasse 52-54 Fax +49 (0)721/82800-82
      76133 Karlsruhe mailto:gisbert.schraud@...
      Germany http://www.isb-ag.de