AI-GEOSTATS: import data for geoR

  • snehamoy chatterjee
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
      hi all
      i am try to use geoR or geostat for analysis my data set. i have data in .csv format having x,y,z, and %of iron grades.
      my questions are how i import these data in .R format.
      and is there required any other column for the analysis of my data set.

      thankz all

      snehamoy chatterjee
      dept. of mining engg.
      iit kharagpur
      midnapur-721302

      Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Post your profile.

    • Roger Bivand
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
        On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, snehamoy chatterjee wrote:

        > hi all
        > i am try to use geoR or geostat for analysis my data set. i have data in .csv format having x,y,z, and %of iron grades.
        > my questions are how i import these data in .R format.
        > and is there required any other column for the analysis of my data set.

        "R Data Import/Export" (http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.pdf
        and included in your R distribution) is your friend, probably function
        read.csv() for decimal "." and separator ",", or read.csv2() for decimal
        "," and separator ";". Beware of thousand separators in the numbers - turn
        them off in Excel before saving the CSV file.

        Roger

        --
        Roger Bivand
        e-mail: Roger.Bivand@...

      • cuartas oquendo carlos humberto
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
          Hi Snehamoy . Excuse my bad English
          I've imported from .cvs format to R doing the following steps
          1) Change the data set from .cvs to txt (in Excel)
          2)Go to File menu and click change dir... and then localate your dataset
          3)You have to write base<-read.table('dataset name.txt',sep="\t",header=T)
          4)To read the data set you write
          base and enter

          I hope this will help.
          If you have any problem do not hesitate to contact me

          Carlos H. Cuartas O.