AI-GEOSTATS: Nugget to Sill Ratio

  • julhendra_solin@fmi.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2003
      Dear All,

      I have some questions about nugget to sill ratio. What is mean the nugget to sill ratio of the deposit. Why is it low, high? Can we relate the ratio to a geologic feature. Literate information related to it may be helpful.
      Thanks.

      Regards,

      Jul
      Tembagapura
      Indonesia

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2003
        Jul

        The nugget effect is the (semi) variance between two
        samples which might be taken at almost exactly the
        same spot. Or, expressed otherwise, the variance of
        replicated samples.

        The total sill is the variance of values within your
        data set (or, more strictly, within all possible
        samples).

        Thus the nugget to not-nugget ratio is the proportion
        of the variation you can expect to predict with a
        spatial model, whilst the nugget part is that
        variation you cannot predict no matter how closely you
        sample.

        Isobel
        http://geoecosse.bizland.com/books.htm