Re: AI-GEOSTATS: screen effect is BUDU?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2003
      Adrian

      > The question is if no information about position
      > exist in the variogram, only distance, what is the
      > mathematic cause of these effect?
      The position information is included in the kriging
      equations. The left hand side of the equations
      included the semi-variogram between every pair of
      samples. In this way, the system knows the complete
      sample layout when it optimises the weights.

      See how this works in our kriging game by moving
      samples around. The distance to the 'unsampled'
      location determines the right hand side of the
      equations. The inter-sample relationships are the left
      hand side.

      Not really so mystic

      Isobel
      http://geoecosse.bizland.com/softwares