AI-GEOSTATS: How to simulate variables in block support?
- How to simulate variables in block support?
I need to simulate some variables in block support, as in block Ordinary Kriging. I work with GSLIB.
How to do that???
It can be do, transforming the initial histogram of point samples to block support, or simulating in a very dense grid?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I am not totally familiar with gslib but if it doing
proper block kriging, you should be able to simulate
directly from those results.
Much simpler (and more stable distribution wise) is to
simulate a dense grid and average into blocks. Around
100 points per block should give you better than 0.5%
accuracy - as per my 1975 paper ;-)
Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org