AI-GEOSTATS: How to simulate variables in block support?

  • Adrian Martinez Vargas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2003
      How to simulate variables in block support?

      I need to simulate some variables in block support, as in block Ordinary Kriging. I work with GSLIB.

      How to do that???

      It can be do, transforming the initial histogram of point samples to block support, or simulating in a very dense grid?

      Atentamente.

      Adrian.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2003
        Adrian

        I am not totally familiar with gslib but if it doing
        proper block kriging, you should be able to simulate
        directly from those results.

        Much simpler (and more stable distribution wise) is to
        simulate a dense grid and average into blocks. Around
        100 points per block should give you better than 0.5%
        accuracy - as per my 1975 paper ;-)

        Isobel
        http://geoecosse.bizland.com/whatsnew.htm