AI-GEOSTATS: Re: non-ergotic covariance

  • Sara Kustron
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2001
      Thanks for the helpful responses.

      I opted to use this estimator for model parameters because after detrending
      my data, the residuals gave almost an identical semivariogram to that of the
      sample data. So I concluded that universal kriging was probably not the
      best way to go.

      I checked out Ed Isaaks page about the correlogram and Issaks and Srivastava
      for the non-erg cov. formula. I would prob. use a correlogram except that
      I'm dealing with that pesky Variowin floating point error.

      Thanks!

      -Sara

    • Sara Kustron
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2001
        Non-ergotic covariance formula:
        Isaaks and Srivastava p. 59, formula 4.2.

        Floating point error, response from Sebastiaan.Luyssaert@...

        Try closing all programs running on the background of your system.
        (a single ctrl-alt-del should get you in the right window).
        Hope that's helpful,
        Sebastiaan

        Hi,
        In what page of Isaaks Srivastava is non-erg explained?
        I look in the index and was not there.
        Does variowin have floating point errors?
        I f so how do you realize that are there and how do you deal with them?
        I would appreciate your inputs.
        Thank you,
        Horacio