AI-GEOSTATS: tip on using dos gslib

  • NEFIA NEFIA
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2001
      Hi list,

      I was so pleased to discover this I just had to share--if you put any? dos
      program in your c:\windows\command directory on your pc, you can access it
      from the dos prompt in any directory. In other words, you can have your
      data stored in c:\data and simply start the dos prompt there and then type,
      e.g., kb2d.exe (without having the .exe in c:\data) and then specify the
      location of the parameter file (e.g. mydata.par, which is located in
      c:\data). The program runs and puts the output files into c:\data.

      Furthermore, if you download "windows power toys" from the microsoft
      website, you can get it so that you open windows explorer, and right click
      in a directory, and one choice will be "command prompt here", and choosing
      it will open up a dos window right in that directory (this saves you from
      having to open the msdos prompt and then type cd
      c:\data\baltimore_project_number5\febdata\moresillyfolders...etc . You get
      the idea.

      Hope this helps someone--I'm probably the last person on earth who didn't
      know that, but if not, enjoy!

      Andrew