AI-GEOSTATS: Interpretation of nugget effect

  • Peter Pinn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003
      Hello everybody,

      I have several (maybe too simple) questions on geostatistics:

      1. I would like to know where I can find any kind of detailed interpretation
      guide for the nugget effect. I know how to describe the nugget effect in my
      words, but I don�t know how do it in scientific english.

      2. I do have count data from a regular sampling grid which is in my eyes to
      sparse. Can I refer to the nugget effect to demonstrate this ?

      3. I would like to know more about the sensitivity of kriging for non-normal
      distributed datasets. I have distributions from my above mentioned count
      data which have more or less 80% zeros. Is this problematic when working
      with kriging (and why???).

      4. Is ist really practicable to transform the above mentioned datasets with
      many zeros in it into a lognormal distribution (log = err !!!) ?

      Hopefully anybody out there can help me understanding this better...

      Peter Pinn