AI-GEOSTATS: Interpretation of nugget effect
- Hello everybody,
I have several (maybe too simple) questions on geostatistics:
1. I would like to know where I can find any kind of detailed interpretation
guide for the nugget effect. I know how to describe the nugget effect in my
words, but I don�t know how do it in scientific english.
2. I do have count data from a regular sampling grid which is in my eyes to
sparse. Can I refer to the nugget effect to demonstrate this ?
3. I would like to know more about the sensitivity of kriging for non-normal
distributed datasets. I have distributions from my above mentioned count
data which have more or less 80% zeros. Is this problematic when working
with kriging (and why???).
4. Is ist really practicable to transform the above mentioned datasets with
many zeros in it into a lognormal distribution (log = err !!!) ?
Hopefully anybody out there can help me understanding this better...
The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org