AI-GEOSTATS: Block Kriging

  • Mario Gonz├ílez-Posada Dacosta
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2001
      Hello:
      My name is Mario Gonzalez-Posada and I am begining to use
      geostatistical tools in soil salinity mapping.
      I would like to know how to use block kriging to interpolate data
      when I have a squared grid of sampled points, specially:
      -The block that is mentioned in software as GEOPACK or GEOEAS, is related to
      observations used for interpolation or the area that is supose to have the
      same interpolated value?
      -How can I define the number of points to include in each block for
      calculations?
      -If block kriging calculates an estimate value for a block, why its isolines
      maps are generally similar to those obtained from point kriging?
      -Theoretically, when BK equals to PK?
      -When is it recommended to use BK instead of PK?
      Thank you very much for you attention.

      Mario Gonzalez-Posada Dacosta
      Departamento de Ciencias Basicas
      Facultad de Ingenieria