AI-GEOSTATS: sill and data variance

  • claudio.cocheo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2001
      Dear all,
      it's the first time I write to this interisting mailing list,

      My question is: what does it mean if the sill of the variogram is higher (a
      little higher, 10%) of the variance of data?
      Have I to fit my model as far as the distance at which the model reach the
      variance of data, or there is some more complicate to analyze before
      modeling?
      I have looked for the presence of trend or anisotropies and I have found
      just a little trend that influences my variogram only at distance two or
      three times higher than the range of model. As a consequence, I have ignored
      it.
      My choice was to use a nested spherical (near the origin) and linear to data
      variance model, ignoring what appens after the variance of data. Is it
      correct?

      Thanks in advance for your answers
      I will resume the answers.
      Claudio Cocheo