Re: [AI-GEOSTATS: global vs local ordinary kriging]
- Maybe it is worth pointing out that Ordinary Kriging
with a 'global neighbourhood' (using all the points in
simple speak) is the same as Simple Kriging with a
neighbourhood which extends to the range of influence
of the semi-variogram model (if any).
Given this fact, you would be computationally safer to
do Simple Kriging - otherwise known as "kriging with
known mean" and saving yourself the problems of
enormous and sparse matrix solutions.
The only overhead to Simple Kriging is producing a
reliable estimate of the global mean and, to be
realistic, a standard error associated with it.
Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org