Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Correlation between Variowin and Surfer

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
      Ricardo

      It sounds like most of your problems are directly
      related to understanding the software products you are
      using and should be directly addressed to your
      providers.

      > I work with the omnidirectional var. because
      > the directional vars.
      > show extremely marked anisotropy.
      I (personally) find this statement a litte alarming.
      If you have marked anisotropy, you should NOT be
      modelling a omni-directional model. That is probably
      why your omni graph is so unstable.

      Secondary populations in the histogram, not removed by
      trend analysis, are a strong suggestion tht you shoul
      dlook at indicator methods or seek reasons within your
      data for the existence of multiple populations.

      Geostaistical analysis is deeply dependent on the
      assumptions of single population, consistent
      behaviour.

      Isobel Clark