AI-GEOSTATS: Gstat for R: Block Kriging

  • Nick Hamm
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2003
      Hi,

      I've been using gstat under R and trying to do some
      block--kriging. I then want display the output from the block kriging
      using the levelplot command. However, I don't quite understand the
      syntax heere

      For eg. if I take the sample data--set that is provided and have a go at
      one of the examples:

      x <- krige(log(zinc) ~ 1, ~x + y, meuse, meuse.grid,
      model = v, nmax = 40, block = c(40, 40))

      I get a data.frame that is the same length as if I did:

      x <- krige(log(zinc) ~ 1, ~x + y, meuse, meuse.grid,
      model = v, nmax = 40)

      So I'm not quite sure what output in the former means and how I can plot
      an image of the block--kriging results.

      If anybody has any suggestions, I would be grateful.

      Nick

      --
      Nick Hamm
      Department of Geography

      Office: ++ 44 23 8059 2013 (internal x22013)
      Mobile: ++ 44 7887 578 442
      Fax: ++ 44 23 8059 3295
      Email: n.hamm@...