AI-GEOSTATS: Simulation of fft-field

  • Klemens Barfus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003
      Dear list-members,
      First of all, I am a Newbie to simulation.
      I want to simulate cloud fields, described by the liquid water path - a
      measure for the liquid water in the atmospheric column in g/m*m.
      The variable, the liquid water path field, shall match a specific power law.
      On the other hand the cloud fraction, the
      relation of gridpoints where the liquid water path exceeds a certain
      threshold to the whole field shall be nearly exact.
      The last aspect is the mean of the liquid water path field, which should be
      matched, too.
      I used a turning band algorithm and generated fft-simulations for the
      individual bands.
      But now I do not know how to match the criterion of the mean an the
      fractional cloud coverage / the histogram.
      Does anybody has some tips and some easy to understand literature ?
      Thanks for your help in advance !

      Best regards

      Klemens

      Klemens Barfus
      Meteorological Institute
      Technical University of Dresden
      Germany

      --
      +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
      Bitte l├Ącheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!