AI-GEOSTATS: help with s-plus

  • Lenham, Jessica
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003
      Hello, I'm a PhD student trying to use S-Plus (with the spatial stats
      module) to create variogram clouds so that I can identify local outliers in
      my data set (I'm looking for local outliers and not general population
      outliers)..

      I have previously only used genstat for my geostats and I'm not finding the
      "help" files much help!

      If anyone knows S-Plus and can help with the following I'd be very grateful.

      I can plot the variogram cloud OK (this is easy as I can do it through the
      menus). However, what I need to be able to do is IDENTIFY the points in the
      plot. The is an identify command which you have to use in the command line,
      but I cannot get it to work for me. I've saved the plot, but s-plus can't
      find it when I refer back to it... even though I'm the in the right folder.
      Perhaps that isn't the main problem!

      Any help gratefully received!

      Jessica Lenham
      PhD Student
      University of Nottingham and British Geological Survey

      This e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, are
      confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee.
      If this message was not addressed to you, you have received
      it in error and any copying, distribution or other use of any
      part of it is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented
      are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent
      those of the British Geological Survey. The security of e-mail
      communication cannot be guaranteed and the BGS accepts
      no liability for claims arising as a result of the use of this medium
      to transmit from or to the BGS. The BGS cannot accept any
      responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments.
      http://www.bgs.ac.uk