AI-GEOSTATS: Nugget effect and Surfer 8 (3 and end)

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2003
      Good day everyone,

      In an previous mail I mentioned a problem I have found in Surfer concerning
      the statistics (obtained during the cross-validation step) generated when the
      "No search" option was set.

      Apparently the bug "caused the gridding search neighborhood to contain more or
      less points than it should have"

      A patch has been released and users can upgrade Surfer 8 to version 8.03 via
      www.goldensoftware.com

      Although the developers present the patch as solving "subtle accuracy errors",
      as it was the case in the example I have sent them when explaining the
      problem, it may have affected your work in a more serious manner.

      Best regards

      Gregoire

      PS: more info can be found in the archives of the discussion forums of
      AI-GEOSTATS and Surfer as well as in the information about the latest release
      of Surfer http://www.goldensoftware.com/surferhistory.shtml