AI-GEOSTATS: Simulation and data

  • Joe Geo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2003
      Dear ai-geostats

      A question about simulation

      I understand in the simulation methods SGS that each node the data a kriging
      is performed than an value is drawn from a normal distribution with the
      local mean (from data and previously simulated nodes captured in a search
      neigbourhood) and variance defined by the kriging variance.

      My understanding of kriging variance is that this variance is really an
      index of data configuration independent of the data values. This leads to
      my question.

      How a set of multiple simulations capture information about the variability
      of conditioning data values when the kriging variance is only a data
      location index. Specifically, it is possible to have the same conditioning
      data configuration but the variability of the values attached to the data
      can be quite different. How is this recognised in the simulation process.

      Thanks

      Joe

      Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
      http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp